Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Limited schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. The school’s Child Safety Code of Conduct is available on the school’s website.
With a Christ-centred focus, Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Limited collaborates with its schools in building; relationships, capacity and sustainability.
A Teacher’s Aide is responsible for supporting teachers in the delivery of a quality learning and teaching program within the school.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist individual students or small groups of students during learning activities as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Assist teachers with the supervision of students during sports days and excursions.
- Provide general assistance to the teacher classroom teacher as required.
- Assist in the preparation, distribution and collection of classroom materials.
- Assist in administrative duties such as student records and equipment records.
- Undertake annual training on Child Safety including Mandatory Reporting training.
- Undertake annual EEO training.
- Be aware of your WH&S responsibilities as per the Critical Incident Management Policy and Plan.
- Report any concerns over child safety to Child Safety Officer and ensure all legal requirements for reporting to authorities are complied with.
- Ongoing adherence to child safety and understand and practice appropriate behaviour.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal which may be varied from time to time.
- Working with people – demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; adapts to the team and builds team spirit.
- Ability to relate well to staff, students and parents, including with Aboriginal children, culturally and/or linguistically diverse children and children with a disability.
- Adhering to principles and values – upholds the values of the Adventist Church.
- Following instructions and procedures – follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings.
- Must be a baptised and practicing member of the Seventh-day Adventist church or an active adherent of another Christian denomination with doctrines, tenets and beliefs comparable to those of the Seventh-day Adventist church and be supportive of the ethos of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the school’s vision.
- Ability to work with children and support a child safe culture.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Working With Children Check.