Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Limited schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. The school’s Child Safety Code of Conduct is available on the school’s website.
With a Christ-centred focus, Seventh-day Adventist Schools (Victoria) Limited collaborates with its schools in building; relationships, capacity and sustainability.
The Bursar is responsible for ensuring the efficient and accurate management of the financial administration of the School.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Implement the school’s finance management system.
- Administration of accounts receivable and accounts payable in the MAZE system.
- Management of the administration of school fee accounts processes in the MAZE system.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for the Principal.
- Overseeing the maintenance of an effective and controlled ordering system to ensure all purchase are authorised and expended correctly.
- Provision of monthly departmental budget reports for staff.
- Implementation and supervision of a process for the financial management of school events, camps and fundraising activities.
- Overseeing the financial management as applicable for; bus accounts, school canteen, uniform shop, facility hire and P&C accounts.
- Supervise and coordinate work undertaken by uniform shop staff.
- Reconciling and reimbursement of petty cash.
- Ensuring banking is carried out on a regular basis.
- Ensuring the filing of all financial information is efficient and accurate.
- Undertake annual training on Child Safety.
- Be aware of your OH&S responsibilities as per the Critical Incident Management Policy and Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal which may be varied from time to time.
- Working with people – demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; adapts to the team and builds team spirit.
- Adhering to Principles and Values ‐ upholds the values of the Adventist Church.
- Planning and organising ‐ sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances.
- Strong customer skills.
- Ability to relate well to staff, students and parents.
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be a baptised and practicing member of the Seventh-day Adventist church or an active adherent of another Christian denomination with doctrines, tenets and beliefs comparable to those of the Seventh-day Adventist church and be supportive of the ethos of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the school’s vision.
- Hold as a minimum a Bachelor Accounting.
- 1-2 years accounting experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to work with children and support a child safe culture.
- Must hold and maintain a current Working With Children Check.
To apply, please send a covering letter and your resume to Lorraine Anthony – firstname.lastname@example.org