QAS is designed to be the cornerstone for school-based review processes and meaningful professional conversations between schools and system leadership in relation to shared strategic goals.
The four domains on which the framework is based are: Adventist Identity; Learning & Teaching; Leading School Improvement; and Community Partnerships. These domains (or core building blocks) were agreed upon by over 100 Adventist educators across Australia who came together to create this document.
The framework provides a way for the school and its community to have greater ownership of and commitment to the success of the school.
The QAS Framework aims to:
- Build a culture of improvement and excellence.
- Provide a structure for school organisation, management and direction.
- Create opportunities for ‘Professional Conversations’.
- Focus on improving student outcomes.
- Describe excellence and share best practice ideas.
- Empower school leadership.
- Give opportunities to celebrate progress and achievement.
- Be evidence based to inform the school improvement plan.
- Identify school’s resourcing needs.
- Create evidence of meeting legislative requirements.